NOTICE OF POSTPONEMENT OF MEMBERSHIP RECEPTION
AND OTHER UPDATES
As we enter the new bar year, we have received many questions and concerns about how the SPBCBA will be handling in-person events in light of the rise in COVID cases throughout South Florida. Please know that we have been monitoring the situation closely as well as reviewing what other associations in our region are doing.
At this time, the Board of Directors has voted to postpone the September 9, 2021 Membership Reception since this is a large, indoor event. The new date will be Wednesday, November 10, 2021, and the location (Pavilion Grille) remains unchanged. If you have already registered, we will be sending an announcement for the change through our system shortly. If you cannot make the new date, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can adjust your reservation; if you have not registered for this event, please RSVP on our website by October 29th.
The SPBCBA will tentatively continue with our current plan for other in-person events, including the September 23, 2021, monthly membership luncheon, with a number of safety precautions in place, such as:
- We will require all guests at indoor events to wear masks based on CDC guidance recommending that both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals wear masks indoors in high-risk areas like South Florida. Masks would be allowed to be removed when taking a drink or eating but requested to be replaced once you are finished.
- We will prioritize larger spaces for indoor venues. Morton’s will default to the main dining room for all lunches; tables will be spaced apart and limited to 4 to 5 persons.
- We will work to find more venues with covered outdoor spaces for our committee and social events.
- We will limit the number of guests per table for seated events to ensure safe spacing.
- We will provide hand sanitizer and extra masks at every event.
- We will be offering reduced rate virtual opportunities for live events with speakers as well as separate virtual engagement opportunities.
The safety of our members is our highest priority. However, we know that our members and sponsors have requested in-person networking and educational opportunities. We are attempting to balance the two as we get through the pandemic and as the dynamics of the situation continue to evolve. Please trust that we are closely monitoring the situation on a daily and weekly basis and will notify you if further postponements or event modifications are required.
Since we were hoping you would be able to meet our new Executive Director, Mary Kinirons, on September 9th at the Membership Reception, Mary will be hosting a virtual “meet & greet” from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM on that day for anyone who wants to drop-in to say a quick hello, introduce themselves, and share any feedback or ideas on how we can make this year a great success as we slowly reemerge from this pandemic. Here is the Zoom information for the event:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 932 5166 6524
PLEASE JOIN AND MEET MARY!
If you have any questions about the foregoing or any other SPBCBA-related matters, please feel free to contact me or Mary Kinirons, Executive Director, at (561) 489-5890 or email@example.com.
Gordon Dieterle, President
South Palm Beach County Bar Association