the south palm beach county bar association
invites you to attend our
sEPTEMBER MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP LUNCHEON
Thursday, September 23, 2021
11:45 AM - 1:00 PM
5050 Town Center Circle
Boca Raton, FL 33486
SPEAKER - Scott Singer - Mayor of the City of Boca Raton
TOPIC - Business In Boca: The Past, Present and Future
Mayor Scott Singer
Mayor Scott Singer is the 35th Mayor of Boca Raton. He is honored to have served as a strong voice for Boca's residents since he was first elected to the City Council in 2014. Scott was elected as Mayor in 2018 and re-elected in 2020 with the two highest vote totals in the city's history. He graduated from Harvard University with a bachelor's degree in government, and received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center. He owns several small businesses, and works as a lawyer and mediator in resolving business disputes.
Mayor Singer’s priorities include enhancing Boca's best-in-class public safety, advancing a healthy economy through increased business development efforts, keeping taxes low, managing responsible development and improving mobility, and creating long-term strategies to ensure Boca Raton continues to progress as a world-class city.
Mayor Singer has received three Home Rule Hero awards from the Florida League of Cities for his advocacy on local issues. A South Florida native, Scott and his wife Bella are and elated to live and raise their family in Boca Raton.
* The South Palm Beach County Bar Association respectfully requests that each attendee follow the current CDC guidelines as to mask wearing whether you are vaccinated or unvaccinated.
THANK YOU TO OUR ANNUAL SPONSORS:
SPBCBA 2021-2022 COVID-19 Procedures
2021-2022 SPBCBA events will operate with COVID-19 safety protocols in mind. Please note that this is an evolving situation, and our processes and procedures may change as more information is provided by our venues, the CDC and other governmental authorities. We will communicate all changes with you as soon as they are received and ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate these difficult and unusual circumstances with the safety of our membership and speakers in mind.
1. Audience Capacity: SPBCBA event attendance will be restricted to comply with each venue’s social distancing requirements.
2. Virtual Options: SPBCBA will offer virtual attendance options for those members and guests who wish to participate in this manner.
3. Seating: All tables will be restricted based on table size and location to provide optimal spacing.
4. Mask Wearing and Social Distancing: At this time, SPBCBA will require all attendees to wear masks at in-person events, and masks are to only be removed when eating or drinking. For all events, the SPBCBA will adhere to the CDC’s guidance and recommendations in existence at the time of the event and as they relate to face coverings and social distancing for attendees. Consequently, guidance may shift over time, but update event attendees accordingly. For the most recent guidance, please visit the CDC’s website.
5. Meals: All meals and appetizers at events will be plated as opposed to buffet or passed by staff.
CAUTION: An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending in-person SPBCBA events, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.